Complaint process

If a tenant has comments for us, wants to inform us of a problem or concern or wishes to file a complaint, here is the procedure to follow.

When a tenant has a problem concerning his dwelling:

  • He must try to solve it. He must ask his local housing manager for assistance
  • If he does not receive the expected service, he must contact the director of client services
  • If he is still not satisfied with the director’s answer or has not received a response within a reasonable period, he may communicate with the KMHB. Contact information is listed below.

The headquarters of the Kativik Municipal Housing Bureau will follow up to verify if his rights as a tenant were upheld, for example with regards to:

  • a service
  • a decision
  • an employee of the KMHB

extension 250

Complete the complaint form
and send it to:

Complaint services/Services de plaintes
Kativik Municipal Housing Bureau
P.O. Box 1200, Kuujjuaq,
J0M 1C0


The request will be treated confidentially and in an unbiased manner, and the KMHB will follow up with the tenant.

Tenants may obtain a comments and complaints form at their local housing office or download it from the KMHB website.